QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
We are seeking a talented and driven individual to join our team as Quality Assurance Engineer. The successful candidate will lead efforts to introduce and document procedures within the organization and also with our strategic business partners, both domestic and international.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating and implementing quality procedures and will have a good understanding of the general operations of companies that design and manufacture consumer durable products. They also must feel comfortable working in the fast-paced environment of a company that has grown quickly from start-up to a global enterprise.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbecues that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and are home to our R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, document, and implement procedures that promote quality and excellence within the organization and with our strategic business partners.
- Audit existing practices and determine where formal processes are most needed.
- Identify and set appropriate quality standards and parameters for products
- Plan and conduct training for employees and partners to implement and maintain processes.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering and Sourcing to ensure the company is functioning at peak efficiency.
- Define measurement methods and quality standards for components and assembly processes in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Collection, analysis, and presentation of data to monitor process health.
- Author Quality Control and Corrective Action reports when needed.
- Work with outside suppliers to define and improve processes.
- Create and implement processes for clear and efficient document control.
- Recruit talent for document control and provide guidance and leadership for this company function.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A strong desire for excellence and to work with others who share this passion.
- Proven track record for developing and implementing quality systems
- BS in Engineering or a related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in a Quality function
- Demonstrated proficiency with incoming inspection, precision measurement methods, acceptance criteria, gage R&R studies, and common best practices in manufacturing.
- Familiarity with interpreting engineering drawings, inspection methods, and GD&T
- Familiarity with principles of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and ISO 9001
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY - VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/aTPgP3bl
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact email@example.com