We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist / Office Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for recruitment efforts, new hire orientation and onboarding, employee termination, payroll and benefits, company policy and procedure adherence. In addition, you will build strong relationships with our company's managers in order to help them with their human resource and office management needs.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbecues that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and are home to our R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee full-cycle of recruitment efforts
- Develop and oversee new hire orientation, onboarding efforts and employee termination process
- Assist with payroll and benefits administration (Health/401k)
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and legal Responsibilities
- Maintain the employee handbook and other company policy documents
- Coordinate employee activities including company events and offsite meetings
- Administrative clerical duties including, but not limited to, review and distribution of incoming mail, ordering and maintaining office and warehouse supplies, phone, and security systems
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, or related area
- 3+ years' of experience working in Human Resources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY - VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/QSlWjJlj
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact email@example.com