Sparx Hockey is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our rapidly growing team. You’re an ideal candidate if you’re a creative, hard-working, highly-competitive team-player and a problem-solver. The Sparx Hockey Graphic Designer will translate marketing and branding strategies into engaging images, layouts, manuals, packaging, advertising pieces, marketing collateral, webpages and other consumer-facing designs.
As Graphic Designer, you will be an important member of the Sparx Hockey marketing team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing. In this integral role, you will be responsible for helping to further develop the Sparx brand and build deep connections with hockey consumers around the world.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbecues that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and are home to our R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be a great visual storyteller.
- Design and create captivating content and graphics to be used on all forms of Sparx Hockey customer communications (including digital and social, advertisements and product packaging).
- Ensure our brand has a consistent look and feel but evolve creatively with market and consumer trends.
- Ability to edit imagery into engaging, consumer-facing content for use across a wide variety of channels.
- Develop, compelling content for use in traditional media, blog posts and other digital media.
- Must have the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously, producing from concept through completion, while meeting overall corporate and brand goals.
- Work with Social Media Manager to produce and post content and advertisements for all Sparx Hockey social media channels.
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the Sparx brand marketing team across different types of media
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide creative direction
- Have outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-up
- Various other tasks as needed including serving as brand ambassador at consumer, retail and grassroots events.
- A Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, art direction or a related field
- 5+ years of experience at an agency, in-house or at a start-up with strong design portfolio
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with direct marketing or online marketing campaigns
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Resourceful, self-reliant and creative in finding ways to solve tough business problems
- Excellent writer and editor with an ability to generate strong story ideas
- Deep understanding of social media best practices, trends and growth strategy
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Passion for hockey and/or sports is a plus
- *This role requires candidates to submit an online portfolio*
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY - VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/wFUNrOL2
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact email@example.com