MECHANICAL ENGINEER 1
We are seeking a talented and driven individual to join our team in the role of Mechanical Engineer 1. As Mechanical Engineer 1, you will be engaged in all aspects of consumer product development, from conceptualization and prototyping to testing, design, sourcing, design transfer all the way through to manufacturing. Sparx is a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and we value entrepreneurship and creativity at all levels of the company. The successful candidate will be both self-motivated and able to work in and inspire teams to achieve great results. Engineering excellence and design integrity are of paramount importance.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbecues that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and are home to our R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use CAD to create innovative and intelligent products in the sports technology market.
- Work closely with other engineers, Marketing, Manufacturing and Leadership teams to maintain our position as a pioneer and market-leader.
- Prove your designs with simulation and testing that accurately reflect real-world conditions.
- Identify and develop suppliers for prototypes and production.
- Create complete documentation packages that are critical to manufacturing, quality and technical support.
- Support production of final product by troubleshooting process and component issues.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience.
- Superior proficiency in CAD modeling, Solidworks preferred.
- Knowledge of injection molding, machining and metal working processes.
- Knowledge of Printed Circuit Assembly fabrication and electrical wiring.
- Experience with hands-on prototyping and use of shop tools.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- International travel.
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY - VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/O3ChWE3U
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact email@example.com