Comptable du personnel
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team. The Sparx Hockey Staff Accountant position will work side-by-side with and support members of the Finance Team in the areas of accounting, A/R, A/P, and payroll. Sparx Hockey is a fast-paced environment where company culture is critically important. The ideal candidate for the role is an enthusiastic and educated person with 3+ years’ of related experience. Must have accounting and bookkeeping experience as well as great skills with spreadsheets, all Microsoft products, QuickBooks, and payroll processing platforms.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbeques that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and house the R&D, Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and records month-end close journal entries
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Record company credit card charges
- Monthly state sales/use tax filings
- Enter AP invoices using Bill.com
- Generate weekly cash disbursement detail
- Import t-sheets and process weekly and bi-monthly payroll using Gusto payroll processing
- Generate customer invoices for sales department
- AR collection
- Receive, record and deposit incoming payments
- Administrative clerical duties including, but not limited to, review and distribution of incoming mail, ordering and maintaining office and warehouse supplies, phone, and security systems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-4 years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent formal accounting certification
- The candidate must be detail oriented, organized, possess strong time management skills, and must have general bookkeeping experience.
- Proficiency with Excel and MS Office products
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure completion
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED or ability to obtain US Security Clearance
- Payroll administration experience a plus
- Direct-To-Consumer business experience (e-commerce) a plus
- Experience with ERP systems a plu
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/Po2xJDDe
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact firstname.lastname@example.org