SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Sparx Hockey is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team. You’re an ideal candidate if you’re a creative, hard-working, highly-competitive team-player and a problem-solver. The Sparx Hockey Social Media Coordinator will oversee all aspects of our social media platforms, including scheduling, writing and posting engaging content to Sparx Hockey owned channels. The Social Media Coordinator will work alongside the Sparx Hockey Creative team to develop ongoing content to promote and elevate the Sparx Hockey brand.
As the Sparx Social Media Coordinator, you will be an important member of the Sparx Hockey marketing team. In this integral role, you will be responsible for helping to further develop the Sparx brand and build deep connections with hockey consumers around the world.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbecues that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and are home to our R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage Sparx Hockey’s social media strategy
- Grow overall social media followers and expand brand engagement
- Work alongside Sparx Hockey creative team to ensure content is compelling, engaging and on-brand
- Develop and design quick-turn content that does not rely on larger creative team
- Manage and oversee all social media content across all Sparx Hockey owned channels
- Measure the success of social media posts and campaigns, and take necessary steps to improve performance
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Identify relevant hockey influencers and partner with them to expand reach
- Travel to various events to promote Sparx Hockey brand and products via social media
- 2+ years of proven experience building and managing social media programs
- Deep understanding of all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok and Snapchat
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, images and video); Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to monitor new social media platforms and/or technologies and implement relevant opportunities for Sparx Hockey
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Exceptional time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and possess an aggressive work ethic.
- Scrappy, willing to roll up sleeves, and has an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience working with a DTC brand a plus
- Passion for hockey or other sports is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY - VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/fKD38N44
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact email@example.com